Driver Training Information

  • To obtain a provisional licence for category C1, you will need forms D2 Licence Application and D4 Medical Examination form. These can also be obtained from a Post Office but a request to the DVLA for a D2 D4 pack may be easier. Your medical with have to be paid for but the application is free.
  • Once you have sent the forms off and have your provisional entitlement, you can now book your LGV theory and hazard tests.
  • When you have completed the LGV theory and hazard perception tests, you can now confirm a booking for your practical training and test. Our standard course comprises of two full days' training on a one to one basis with test on the third day. Course dates can be found on our Facebook page which is regularly updated.  
  • Driver CPC is not required for emergency services so no need to apply for the CPC module 2 case studies test.