Provisional Licence and Medical

Provisional Licence Application

You will need to obtain a provisional LGV/PCV licence before your training can begin. You can download the forms from the website.

The D2 form is an application form to have a provisional entitlement for LGV/PCV added to your licence, it has to be completed by you.

The D4 form is the Medical Report, this has to be completed in the presence of a Doctor by both of you.

Once both forms have been completed send them to:

SA99 1BR

There is no charge to have the Vocational entitlement added to your current Driving Licence. As soon as your licence has been returned to you with the new entitlement added, contact us to arrange training.

Your Medical

In order to have provisional entitlement added to your licence, you will need to have a medical examination which can be conducted by any Doctor. Your own Doctor can normally do this for you but may be surprisingly expensive. Other Doctors specialise in LGV / PCV medicals and can be considerably cheaper.

You must take a medical form (D4) with you.

The Medical form (D4) can be downloaded from the website - Become a lorry or bus driver

To find a list of Doctors, search online for "LGV medical near me"